AΔK CONNECT Guidelines
Alpha Delta Kappa CONNECT has been developed to assist members to “connect” with fellow educators in a safe learning environment. In order to ensure professional ethics and a positive learning environment for its members, Alpha Delta Kappa has developed a set of guidelines for this educational networking experience.
Please take a few minutes to read and acquaint yourself with the AΔK CONNECT Guidelines. When you join the AΔK CONNECT online community, you will be asked to agree to follow the rules and etiquette guidelines as listed below. If you have any questions or require additional information concerning the guidelines, please contact Julie Rehm at firstname.lastname@example.org at Alpha Delta Kappa International Headquarters. In order to protect the rights of our members and to preserve an environment that encourages professional networking, Alpha Delta Kappa reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these guidelines.
AΔK CONNECT Rules
- It is important that all members respect each other in their discussions within the community. They shall refrain from personal attacks or criticism of other members. The goal for the discussions is to stimulate conversation, not to create contention.
- Members are asked to respect the purpose of the AΔK CONNECT community and to use the community to share ideas and resources, ask questions, and provide constructive feedback. It is not meant to promote the marketing of products and services by its members.
- AΔK CONNECT may not be used for job postings.
- Discussions shall not include defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal language or materials.
- Members who use AΔK CONNECT are required to respect intellectual property. Copyrighted materials shall not be posted by members.
- Members shall post messages or documents only to the most appropriate communities.
Discussion Etiquette within Communities
- When members respond to a message in the AΔK CONNECT online community, they will sign on with their name, state and chapter name, and professional community.
- When members post a message, they shall state concisely and clearly the topic of the comments in the subject line to allow members the ability to respond more appropriately to the posting. Additionally, it will make it easier for members to search the archives by the topic or subject.
- As with email responses, members are reminded to send messages to individuals, not to the entire list of participants in the message unless the response is relevant to the entire list of participants.
Legal Issues and Concerns
- AΔK CONNECT is provided as a service for the members of Alpha Delta Kappa.
- AΔK is not responsible for the opinions and information posted by others on this site.
- AΔK CONNECT is provided on an “as is” basis and members’ use of AΔK CONNECT is at their own risk.
- AΔK disclaims all warranties regarding information posted on this site, whether posted by AΔK or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness.
- In no event shall AΔK be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. The posting party will retain full right and title in the posted content. In addition, the posting party grants AΔK and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
- Messages shall not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implicitly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
- Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- AΔK may, but is not obligated, to monitor the site for inappropriate postings and reserves the right to undertake editorial control of postings that violate these guidelines. If an inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of AΔK, it will take all appropriate action, including but not limited to removal of the posting and/or suspension or termination of the poster.
- AΔK reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate access to any member’s use of AΔK CONNECT who does not abide by these guidelines.
Privacy and Security.
AΔK employs reasonable commercial efforts to deploy and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to keep member data and other information confidential and secure. Each member will access AΔK CONNECT using her AΔK website username and password. Each member shall be responsible for appropriately securing her accounts, computers, and other electronic devices accessing AΔK CONNECT and for protecting her password and other access rights to AΔK CONNECT. Members may not interfere with others’ legitimate access to and use of AΔK CONNECT. AΔK may monitor use of AΔK CONNECT for security and technical support purposes and for validating compliance with these terms. AΔK may at any time remove access rights to AΔK CONNECT or require members to change their passwords if AΔK determines, in its sole discretion, that the member’s use or access to AΔK CONNECT poses an imminent threat to AΔK CONNECT to others’ use of AΔK CONNECT or of a violation of law. AΔK will restore connectivity and functionality as soon as practicable after they identify and neutralize the threat and implement any measures to ensure the threat does not reoccur.
Member will indemnify and defend AΔK and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents with respect to any claims, liabilities, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of (a) any material or data provided by the member, or (b) the member’s violation of these guidelines or other obligations to AΔK.